Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a Girl-Kicks-Illness-Life

Well- After reading my blog, I realized I never announced,

"It's a girl!!"

While most of the people who read this already know that, I know it will be neat to look back on this journey and have that precious news posted.


Finding out whether we were having a girl or a boy was one of the hardest decisions I have made in a while. I was still undecided until I laid down on the table. Then Mrs. Fran cheerily patted my knee and said, "You're a girl who loves surprises, aren't you?" How did she know??? I love surprises. My mother never had to hide birthday and Christmas presents because I LOVE surprises!!!


Well, Mrs. Fran assured me I would get two surprises. One today (ultrasound day) and another one on her birthday. No matter what we found out today, I would be overwhelmed with joy and surprise on the day she enters our lives.


Jeff and I are both glad we found out. We have been so excited as we plan for our baby girl. She is quite the soccer player or gymnast. We couldn't imagine lying around watching her move, kick, and contort my body and talk about her as it. She is completely developing a personality already... I am a little fearful....


I even had to change my bedding... If this is my only shot at a girl, I want to girl it up. Please look at the bedding and not the wall color. While I am a girly girl, there is a little too much pink for me. We are painting our walls the lightest lime green.





KICKS!!!
As I said above, we have a kicker. She kicks all day and through the night. Some of her craziest kicks come at 2 in the morning. I am sure this is a sign of what is to come. I suppose I need to be ready for her to wake the first morning around 2 AM. Maybe this will be the feeding Daddy takes... Since she has woken me every morning for 4 months, perhaps it will be his turn in June.


The funniest thing about her kicks is I didn't know what they were for the longest time. Flutters were happening around Christmas time... I remember going in for an appointment around 18 weeks and my doctor asking me if I had felt her move. "Yeah" was my reply. I could not imagine telling him anything but, "Yeah!!"
What kind of mother would not know her baby moving inside of her???? Well... I hadn't really, or at least didn't know I had. It would be another whole month before I realized what I was feeling.
Of course, Jamie, my sister-in-law, was staying with us during the ice storm. It was so nice to have a new mother around. She was like my new mom encyclopedia... Anyway, as I was paying close attention during my shower one day, I realized I felt the same movements everyday in the shower... it had to be my girl!!! As soon as I could, I asked Jamie about it. Of course the mother of two just laughed at me and said, "Of course that is her, how long have you been feeling her?" I didn't want to admit it had been over a month, and I thought I was having lots of gas..... darn that stomach of mine.
Well, it is no mistaking her now!! She is destined to be a soccer player like her Daddy, or perhaps, a gymnast!!!


ILLNESS~
March has been my month of illness. First, three weeks ago I got pleurisy. It was awful. Jeff and I were both scared to death. We were in the emergency room for 5 and a half hours with me being unable to breath without the assistance of oxygen. For the longest time, they thought it was a blood clot in my lung. We were both petrified, but we managed to get it through it. I think we both had a lot of silent prayer as I lay on the bed in agonizing pain. Prayer is the only thing that could have brought us through it all. Luckily there was no blood clot, only pleurisy. Unfortunately, the only thing they can do for this with a pregnant girl is drug her up and allow her to rest. After lying on the bed for 5 hours in pain and unable to breath, I never thought some lortabs would do the trick... man was I wrong.


So here goes the anti-drug girl- who has only taken medicine for migraines over the last 5 year-with her prescription for lortabs. After being in such pain, I didn't even argue with Jeff, I popped them every 6 hours and lay in bed for 3 days without much movement at all. Rest is what the doctor ordered, and rest is what he got. I was better within 4 to 5 days. Hopefully, our girl was not affected by it all... crazily, she began moving more throughout it all. I can't decide if it was the massive amount of liquid I was pouring into my body or the drugs. I hope it was the liquid.


Unfortunately, I am sick again... It is actually nearing 4:00, and I have been up for 2 hours. I have a terrible cold and can't seem to knock it. My poor girl has lived a whole month with a sick Mommy. I think it is time for it to end. At least I have had time to lay around and enjoy her movements and development. I don't think I would have slowed down any other way... Sometimes we take the nudging and sometimes our good Lord has to knock us on the head.


I know I am going into a long couple of months, I hope the last month of illness has shown me how to slow down and enjoy every minute of this process.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Whew! I have one thing to say to you... get some sleep! Just kidding... It's fun to read your thoughts and reflections as you make your journey to motherhood - A role in which you are destined for greatness!!!